The ability of Google Ads to immediately push a business or organization to the top of the Google search result pages makes it an extremely powerful tool. For this reason, you have probably seen during various Google searches that businesses worldwide use this tool to gain more customers. However, what is important to understand is that these businesses are paying significant money for these advertisements. Google Ads work via a pay-per-click system, meaning that each time a user clicks on the website being advertised, the company must pay a pre-determined amount. The price of the click depends on the competition on the keyword. Cheap keywords can cost as little as $0.10 per click, while more expensive keywords can cost well beyond $10.00 per click. This means that while Google Ads is an extremely powerful tool, it can also cost businesses a lot of money through advertising costs.
» Read on: “SEO and SEA: What is the difference and what are the advantages of the two?” or “5 Reasons to outsource your digital marketing“
How does Google Ad Grants benefit me?
So now, let me remind you of the most important detail of this article.
If qualifications are met, Google Ad Grants for nonprofits will provide you with $10,000 in advertising grants every month. That comes out to $120,000 in free advertising per year!
Let me be very clear about this; most businesses would kill for that kind of advertising budget. With $10,000 per month it is possible to run wide-reaching Google Ad campaigns on numerous important keywords. This will have immense results for website traffic which can lead to significant increases in donations, volunteers, fundraising opportunities, brand/cause awareness, or basically anything your organization is looking for.
We all know how important it is for non-profit organizations to be able to raise money. With Google Ad Grants this now becomes significantly easier. So, if you are a non-profit organization, now is the time to take action. In fact, Google Ad Grants for nonprofit organizations has already been available for more than 15 years. To put that in perspective, if you are a 15-year-old NGO that has not made use of this grant, you have missed out on a potential $1,800,000 in free advertising grants.
So, if you are a qualified NGO, it is time to act now and make the most of this massive opportunity for your organization. To help you with the process of gaining Google Grants Status and to make the most of the Google Ad campaigns, Galaxy Digital Marketing is here to help. But first let us take a quick look at the requirements to see if your organization is eligible for Google Grants Status.
Eligibility Google Grants Status
The process of qualifying for Google Grants Status is quite simple. To qualify, your organization must follow these steps, as per Google’s official website:
- If you have not already, apply to Google for Nonprofits. Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, academic institutions, and universities are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits. However, philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
- Your organization must hold valid charity status. Check the Google for Nonprofits website for definitions of charity status in your country.
- Have a high quality website that meets the Ad Grants website policy. Not sure if your website is sufficient? Let us check, and if necessary consider our web development services.
- Lastly, get approved through the Ad Grants pre-qualification process after your organization is properly enrolled in Google for Nonprofits.
Think your organization qualifies for the Google Ads Grant for Nonprofits? Reach out to us and we can help you through the application process.
Assuming your organization has been found to be eligible for the Google Grant Status and your application has been approved, you probably would like to get started. Now what?
Quality requirements Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits
You have qualified for the Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits and you would now like to get started on running Google Ads campaigns for your organization. Before getting started, there are a few things you need to know.
To ensure the proper use of the Google Ad Grants for nonprofits, Google has determined several quality requirements. The quality requirements are as follows.
- Keywords with a quality score of two or less are no longer permitted.
- Each advertisement must have minimal click through rate of 5%.
- Keywords must be more than one word.
- The maximum cost-per-click must not exceed $2.00. This amount may be exceeded if the advertisements are set to ‘conversions’ with the goal of maximizing conversions.
- There must be a minimum of two advertisement groups with a minimum of two advertisements and sitelinks per advertisement group.
- Campaign advertisements may not contain a commercial message.
- Maximum limit must be set at of $329.00 per day ($10,000 per month) to not exceed budget.
In order to make use of the Google Ad Grants, these requirements must be met. If that sounds at all difficult or confusing, let us help you. To make the most out of your advertising campaigns and to ensure requirements are met, it is important that these are properly setup and managed by a Search Engine Advertising specialist.
Google Ad Grants Management
At Galaxy Digital Marketing, we understand that it can be difficult for organizations without experience in Search Engine Advertising to properly set up the Google Ads to meet requirements and ensure optimal results. That is where we come in. For a small monthly fee, Galaxy digital marketing will take care of your Google Ad Grants management. As part of this management Galaxy Digital Marketing will help with the qualification process, set up the various campaigns, and manage these monthly to ensure optimal results. Are you interested in learning more about our Google Ad Grants Management and how this can significantly benefit your organization? Reach out to us immediately for a free consultation!